Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jif Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies


Yummy! My husband and I loved these cookies. They were very yummy. So much so that I will be making them again this weekend for our housewarming game night party. I only made a half batch. I used my medium cookies scoop 3/4 full and got 2 dozen cookies. I also did not press them down with a fork, but rather just sprinkled the tops with a bit of sugar.


Source: the back of the Jif jar
Ingredients:
3/4c Jif creamy peanut butter
1/2c Crisco all-vegetable shortening (I used butter)
1 1/4c firmly packed light brown sugar
3tbs milk
1tbs vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4c all-purpose flour
3/4tsp salt
3/4tsp baking soda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Combine Jif peanut butter, Crisco shortening, light brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended.

Add egg. Beat until just blended.

Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until just blended.

Drop onto ungreased baking sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with tines of fork (I skipped this and just sprinkled with sugar).

Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM! These were so delicious!

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates