Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blueberry Banana Oat Bread

I made this bread for my friend's visit this weekend. We polished it off in two days it was so good. I thought it tasted just like a good blueberry muffin with a hint of banana taste. This recipe is definitely a keeper since it was very easy to throw together.

Blueberry Banana Oat Bread
Source: Betty Crocker
Ingredients:
2 3/4c Bisquick mix
2/3c sugar
1/3c quick-cooking oats (I used old fashioned because it was all I had and they worked great)
1c mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium) (I never mash them before adding, I just do it while mixing)
1/4c milk
2 eggs
1c fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries

Directions:
Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.

In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, oats, bananas, milk and eggs until moistened; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.

Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen loaf from sides of pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates