Monday, June 1, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Sorry for the blurry photo. I was in a hurry :P These are yummy and fairly "healthy" in the way of cookies. I omitted the raisins because I do not care for them in cookies. You could substitute chocolate chips if you'd like for them but I did not have any on hand.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Source: The Big Red Cookbook from Betty Crocker
Ingredients:
2/3c sugar
2/3c packed brown sugar
1/2c butter or margarine
1/2c shortening (I used applesauce)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
2 eggs
2c oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
1c flour
1c raisins (I omitted)
Directions:
Heat oven to 375.
Beat all ingredients except oats, flour, and raisins in large bowl. Stir in oats, flour, and raisins.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2in apart on ungreased (or parchment paper lined) cookie sheet.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates