Sunday, May 3, 2009

Honey Glazed Carrots

I have a new found love for carrots. I take them in my lunch almost every day during the week but I have never cooked them for supper even though I love them cooked. So, when I saw this recipe in one of my cookbooks, I had to try it. They were actually very good. Next time I think I will try using some cinnamon instead of the nutmeg though.

Honey Glazed Carrots
Source: Betty Crocker's Healthy New Recipes
Ingredients:
1 bag (16oz) baby carrots
2tbs honey
1tbs margarine
Ground nutmeg
Directions:
Place carrots in 1in water in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain well.
Add honey and margarine to carrots in saucepan; heat to boiling. Cook carrots, stirring frequently, until margarine is melted and carrots are glazed. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates