Saturday, November 22, 2008

Honey Glazed Chicken





This dish was ok, not great but ok. Made as is, I wouldn't make it again. It smelled wonderful but I think if I were to tweak the cook time a bit and make extra sauce to smother the rice with, I'd have enjoyed it more. Below my suggestions are added into the original recipe in blue.


Ingredients:
2 lbs. of diced uncooked chicken breast, cut into pieces
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbs. butter
1/4 cup honey
3 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger (I omitted this)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350*
In a shallow dish combine the flour and seasonings.
Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
Melt 2 tbs. butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer.
Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes (20 minutes) at 350*.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and ginger.
After chicken has baked 30 (20) minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture over chicken.
Bake another 30 to 40 minutes (25 to 30 minutes) basting frequently.

Serve over rice.
I would also recommend making double the sauce and reserving half to pour over the finished dish. But, I like sauce. A lot.








2 comments:

Mrs. Wiggy said...

I'm bummed this one didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped. I like your recommendation for more sauce. This will most likely be one J and I try.

Jo said...

I'd just cook it a little bit less than the original directions say. The taste of the sauce was yummy and the flour added a nice breading. The chicken just got a little hard from being cooked so long.

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates