Monday, March 16, 2009

Fettucini Alfredo



I realize this picture isn't too appetizing. But, trust me, this was very very very good! A bit runny. Actually, a lot runny but it tasted delicious. Next time, I think I may cook the pasta in the sauce to soak up some of the liquid. I added a few baked chicken tenders seasoned with salt and pepper to the dish for some protein. We both loved it so we will be making it again in the near future.



Fettucini Alfredo with Baked Chicken Tenders
Source: Tyler Florence
Ingredients:
1 pint heavy cream (I used half and half)
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
1 c freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly cracked black pepper
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (I omitted)
Fettucini

Directions:
Heat heavy cream over low-medium heat in a deep saute pan. Add butter and whisk gently to melt. Sprinkle in cheese and stir to incorporate. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.

In a large stockpot, cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Quickly drain the pasta and add it to the saute pan, gently toss the noodles to coat in the alfredo. (I think this is where I made a mistake because I cooked the pasta according to the package. Next time I will cook it like these directions.)

Transfer pasta to a warm serving bowl. Top with more grated cheese, chopped parsley, and cooked chicken if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates