Monday, March 16, 2009

Warm Spinach Salad


I love this stuff. It is a frequent dish on our table in the warmer months and we always eat it with BLTs. So, last week when we had BLTs I, of course, made this.


Warm Spinach Salad
Source: My Mom
Ingredients:
5-6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 c baby spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
4-5 green onions, chopped (I didn't have any this time but normally I do add them)
1/2 c white vinegar
2 tbs sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Wash and dry spinach. Set aside in a large bowl.

In a small pot, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Pour over spinach and toss to coat. The spinach should begin to wilt as you toss. Don't worry, this is the goal!

Top with bacon pieces and green onion. Serve immediately.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates