Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blondies

Photobucket

I made these for dessert for Girls' Night Saturday night. Again, they were well received. I finished them off this morning for breakfast. I will definitely be making them again.

Blondies
Source: The Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
Ingredients:
2 c packed brown sugar
2/3 c butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 c chocolate chips (I added about 1 c to the batter and sprinkled about 1/2 c on top)
1 c chopped nuts (I omitted)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*.

Grease 13x9x2 in pan.

In a medium pan, heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.

Stir in eggs 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. I also stirred in about 1 c chocolate chips.

Spread the batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates