Monday, February 16, 2009

Vegetable Hamburger Soup



This soup is delicious and very easy. We will definitely be making it again. I got the base recipe from Crockpot Tuesdays. I got the idea to use ground hamburger though from my sister-in-law. I think either way it would be great though. The only change I may make is adding a can of beef broth next time to make it a little thinner.



Vegetable Hamburger Soup
Source: Crockpot Tuesdays
Ingredients:
1 lb beef for stew, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used 1 lb ground beef)
1 can corn, undrained
1 can green beans, drained (I added the liquid since I used fresh potatoes)
1 can carrots, undrained
1 can peas, drained (I added the liquid)
1 can slice potatoes, undrained (I used 3 fresh potatoes peeled and cut in to bite sized pieces))
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes (I used 28 oz tomato sauce)
1 package onion soup mix
pepper to taste

Directions:
Brown ground beef. Drain.

Throw everything into the crock pot.

Cook on low for about 8 hours.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates