Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chicken Salad


There's this little restaurant in downtown Springfield that Matt and I like to go to for lunch. It's called the Feed Store and its specialty (in my opinion) is chicken salad. It is the best chicken salad I have ever tasted, hands down. I love it. I only get it about once a month though because it is a little pricey. I sure do look forward to that once a month trip though.

I decided that I wanted to try to make my own chicken salad. I don't know much about it so I winged it. I think I did a pretty good job. It's not as good at chicken salad form the Feed Store but Matt really enjoyed it so I consider it a keeper.


Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
1/2 c Mayo or miracle whip
2-3 tbs sweet relish

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Season chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked.

Let cool. Shred with fork or in food processor until desired consistency is reached. (I did this in a food processor because I like the chicken pieces to be really really small.

In a bowl, mix chicken, mayo, and relish together. Salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is such a neat restaurant!
This looks really good :)

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates