Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fish Sticks


I love fish sticks. But since I am making an extra effort to stay away from really processed foods I haven't had any in a long time. When I saw this recipe by Melissa, I immediately starred it in my google reader. This was a really yummy recipe that was fairly easy to make. We will definitely be having them again.

Homemade Fish Sticks
Source: Delicious Meliscious originally from Everyday Food
Ingredients:
1 large egg
salt
pepper
2 c panko
1 tbs
Old Bay Seasoning (I used McCormick seas food seasoning)
2 tbs olive oil
1 lb tilapia fillets
Directions:
Preheat oven to 475 degrees with racks in the middle of the oven.
Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
Cut tilapia fillets in half lengthwise, and then again the other direction. You now have 4 sticks per fillet.
Crack egg into shallow bowl, lightly beat with fork. Season with salt and pepper.
In another shallow bowl, combine panko, Old Bay, and olive oil.
Dip each tilapia stick into egg, shaking off the excess; then into panko mixture, pressing mixture so that it sticks.
Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, until panko is lightly browned and fish is cooked through.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yum Jo! These look great, I can't wait to try them!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I was wrong about these. I was reluctant to try them because I like the boxed version that probably contains very little fish. I was wrong. They really turned out great! They were much more substantial than their frozen counterparts.

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates