Friday, January 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



Who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie? I don't know a single person who doesn't. They are the classic baked good. There are so many versions out there though that it might take someone a while to find that perfect one.

Today I was craving chocolate chip cookies. I decided to make my favorite recipe in bar form. I'm so glad I did. They are so yummy and leave the apartment smelling just a good.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
Source: My Brain but originally from Nestle Toll House
Ingredients:
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c chocolate chips
Directions:
Heat oven to 350*
Grease the bottom of a 15x10 in jelly roll pan.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Cream together butter, the sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
Slowly add in dry ingredients until well mixed.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Bake about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool in pan on wire rack.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love that the source is "My Brain." Making bars is a good way to mix things up. I will have to try it!

Anonymous said...

These turned out great. We finished off the whole batch over the weekend. Yikes!

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates