Friday, January 9, 2009

Lil' Smokies and Taco Roll Ups

I apologize for my lack of posting lately. A combination of being busy and being lazy has kept me away from my blog. But, I didn't stop cooking!

For New Year's Eve we had a pajama party game night with friends. We all brought snacks and a game. It was a wonderful time!

I made the classic lil' smokies in the crock pot and a new recipe, taco roll ups. The lil' smokies were perfect, just as they always are. The taco roll-ups were just ok in my opinion. My husband and brother-in-law liked them though. I think they need a little something extra, like tomatoes and lettuce or something.



Lil' Smokies (I doubled the recipe because we all like there so much)
Source: My Brain
Ingredients:
1 package (15-16 oz.) lil' smokies
1 jar (12 oz.) chili sauce
1 jar (12 oz.) grape jelly

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Mix well. Cook on low heat for about 3-4 hours until heated through.



Taco Roll Ups
Source: Adapted from allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 c sour cream
2 c finely shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c picante sauce
2 tbs taco seasoning
8 (10 in.) flour tortillas

Directions:
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; stir in the cheddar cheese, picante sauce, and taco seasoning. Spread over tortillas; roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. For best flavor, refrigerate over night Just before serving, cut into 1 in. pieces.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates