Monday, December 29, 2008

Blueberry Mini Muffins


Yum! These will make a wonderful grab and go breakfast for the next few mornings. I found this recipe in a little cookbook my grandmother gave to me a couple years ago. It was made from recipes from all the women (and their families) at the nursing home her mother (my great grandmother) lived in. My great grandmother died two years ago this coming January. She was a wonderful woman and I love that I have recipes to some of her tried and true meals in this cookbook.

Anyway, these are basic blueberry muffins. The original recipe calls for brown sugar but I did not have any one hand so I used regular sugar and I think they turned out just fine. If you like a sweeter muffin, I'd add a bit more sugar than the recipe calls for though.



Blueberry Muffins
Yields: 24 mini or 24 regular sized muffins
Ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 c milk
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c flour
1/3 c packed brown sugar (I used white sugar)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 c fresh or 3/4 c frozen blueberries, thawed and drained

Directions:
Heat oven to 400*

Grease bottoms only or line 24 mini muffin cups or 12 regular sized cups

Beat egg in large bowl. Stir in milk and oil. Stir in remaining ingredients except blueberries just until flour is moistened. Fold in blueberries.

Fill muffin cups with equal amounts of batter.

Bake until golden brown, about 11-13 minute for mini muffins and 18-22 minutes for regular muffins.

Immediately remove from cups.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates