Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hamburger Pie


Sorry my pictures are always fuzzy. I have shaky hands. I'm working on it though!

I love this recipe. It is one of my favorites from childhood. It is super easy. It is very tasty. So, what's not to love? I have made some slight variations (noted below) from the original recipe to work with Matt's taste. I also use a circular casserole dish instead of a 9x13 pan and it still comes out perfectly.
Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cans condensed tomato soup (I use just one can so it is thicker)
1 can green beans, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions:
Preheat over to 350*
Bring large pot of water to boil. Peel and quarter potatoes. Introduce into boiling water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, cook ground beef an onion until brown. Drain. Stir in tomato soup and green beans. Pour into baking dish (at least 2.5 quarts).
Drain potatoes and mash. Mound potatoes on top of beef mixture. Top with cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until potatoes are golden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- I was wondering if you have ever done a version of the recipes with mixed vegtables or garlic.

Jo said...

No, I haven't but it sounds like it would be good. It's a pretty versatile recipe and can easily be changed around to fit taste.

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates