Friday, December 5, 2008

Carnation Famous Fudge!


My holiday baking has begun! on my list this year are about 12 treats. I'm not sure I will get to them all but I am sure going to try. Last night I began "baking" with fudge. I have never had fudge turn out but I am proud to say that this turned out perfectly! It was the easiest fudge recipe I have ever tried and it tastes just like a classic chocolate fudge. I actually doubled the original recipe and am freezing my fudge until closer to Christmas when I will put it on various treat plates. The directions below are how I made the fudge. Feel free to halve the recipe if you would like a smaller portion.
Ingredients:
3 c. granulated sugar
1 1/3 c. (10 oz.) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
4 tbs. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. mini marshmallows
3 c. (18 oz.) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts (I omitted)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions:
Line 13x9 inch pan with foil (if halving recipe, use 8x8 pan)
Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy duty saucepan, Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts, and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan and remove foil. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
*I used a pizza wheel to cut the fudge which was much easier and made for a much cleaner look than a knife.
Source: verybestbaking.com


No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates