Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chicken Stuffed Shells


I stole this recipe from Cook Like a Champion, one of the blogs I follow. It was originally stolen from Annie's Eats. I modified the recipe slightly since I knew that making the entire thing would turn out to be WAY too much food for us. I also don't have a food processor big enough so I just stirred by hand. Also because, I only had half the amount of ricotta on hand ;-P. Next time, I think we will try this without the chicken but with a meat sauce instead. Even so, it was very yummy and made enough for dinner for and leftovers for lunch tomorrow for both Matt and I.


Chicken Stuffed Shells
Ingredients:
About 30 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (slightly more than 1/2 box)
3 cloves garlic
1 chicken breast, cooked and finely shredded
15 oz part skim ricotta cheese
1/6 c Italian breadcrumbs
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp dried parsley
3/4 tsp dried basil leaves
1/6 c half and half (I used 2% milk)
1 jar pasta sauce
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375*

Cook pasta shells according to package directions and drain. Separate onto a cutting board or cookie sheet to prevent from sticking together.

Combine ingredients garlic through half and half in bowl and stir until combined. Add more salt and pepper if necessary, to taste.

Spoon enough sauce into baking dish(es) to cover the bottom.

Fill the cooked shells with the ricotta mixture and place open side up in a prepared baking dish.

Spoon as much of the remaining sauce over shells as desired.

Bake covered with foil for 15-20 minutes, remove foil and continue baking for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

*If freezing extra shells, to cook from the freezer, thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed above.

No comments:

 

Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates